Untuk lelaki paling awesome dalam dunia!


0

"I love you Ayah"

I think if I actually tell this to his face he would freak out! Hahaha! Yes my father is like that you know, all macho, and lack of emotions. (Hence you know where I got my ego-maniac trait from, none other than my Ayah!). He never gave my mum flowers, he will never verbally tell me or my siblings he loves us, he would feel awkward every time I kiss his cheek before he leave for his business trips.

You see, when I was younger, I remember sitting on his tummy while he told me stories about bunnies - I'm pretty sure the same story got many versions, as he himself could not remember the real version, LOL. And during the evening, he will put me in his old, ugly, green-in-color motorcycle ‘s bakul (Sorry my English sucks I dont know what you call that thing, but applause me for my attempt to write in English, will ya? Thanks!) and he will take me around the neighborhood. So sweet, no?

Well that was for the first few years of my life. Later he was being transferred to all sorts of places (he was a government servant and the fact that he also ran his part time business made him super busy) and I could hardly see him anymore! I stayed at home with my Mum, while my father would only come back once/twice a week, or sometimes we went to visit him lah. As Mama and I grew closer than ever, I felt like there was a distance between me and my father.

It was in 1997, when my sister somewhat fell sick. Being a responsible father, he took 6 months unpaid leave just to be with us while running his part time business (My eldest sister was then in UK, we couldn’t afford to not having money). During that time when the world was facing an intense economic crisis, my father decided to take the leap of faith and tender his resignation letter, opting for early retirement. It came as shocking news to everyone as he was already in quite a stable, respectable position and in fact, he was on the verge of being promoted. Everyone was against it – his bosses, our family doctors, his friends, our relatives; except the one man my father very much respect, my late Tok Wan - he told him to go ahead, quit. Mama didn’t like the idea but being a supportive wife that she has always been, she stood by my father’s side and his decision. There he went, leaving his comfort zone - business class flight tickets overseas and 5 stars hotel stays (using taxpayers money, I may add) no more. My father was a very brave risk-taker indeed.

For once, my father was finally home, for good! :) I wouldn't say that we straight away became all buddy-buddy, it took some time for me to get used having him around. And I grew up adoring him.

My father worked REALLYREALLY hard, and he still does until this very moment. He will make sure his phones are being switched on 24/7. Being in the industry dominated by Chinese – we all know they are really hardworking - my father managed to be in the same league with them. He recently scolded a Chinese supplier because he was late, asking him, “You Chinese ke Melayu? Lambat macam Melayu!” (Racist much? My father is pure Malay, in case you’re wondering :D). But to get there, it wasn’t easy – started his business with 200 bucks, he had a rough time at the beginning - there were those times when he had difficulty in getting a driver that he drove the van by himself and slept with fellow lorry drivers at the R&R, he used to help his staffs to lift the heavy boxes, there were times when he could not sleep and spent time thinking, calculating and brainstorming. My father may not be a multimillionaire or an icon like Lim Goh Tong or a president of some multinational company, but because I’ve seen his efforts first-hand; and I know for a fact that him being where he is today has nothing to do with bribery or ass-kissing people, he has my respect.

My father never fail to remember his sense of belonging. He never get rid of his Kedahan accent despite living in Perak for thirty over years. He cherished the fact that he’s from kampung and used to sell kacang to earn money to buy clothes for school (he was playful and quite a rebel too!). He’s not ashamed of telling us stories on how when he married my mother, they could eat outside only once a month due to his limited income (he was still in university studying and the eldest of eight, he had to contribute to his family as well). The people that he hung with twenty years ago are still his best buddies now and they still lepak at the same kedai kopi. While he does splurge to have dinner at some fancy hotels, he would spend more time eating at his favorite stalls. And I think this is rather cute, but my father will actually go back to my Tok’s house and see her before he go on his business trips, up until today. SO ANAK MAK LAH KAN :) :)

Another thing I adore about my father is he is not afraid to let people know what he believes in (and you may call him stubborn for that as well). He is very comfortable in his own skin. He still plays sepak takraw when the rest of his friends choose to play golf. He is not afraid of taking his stand in what he believes in. Once, there was a rumour saying that his name was being crossed out from a project because he supported certain political party - but my father was very cool about that, he said that rezeki comes from God and not any other. He chooses to stick to what he believes in and cannot be bothered with what people have to say and if it means that he’s going to lose a deal or project, THEN SO BE IT. Yeah he’s cool like that and I’m very proud of him.

As a father, my father is so very strict. Ask my sisters and brother; we would all be very scared of him. I still remember when I worked for him before I started my chambering, DARN STRESSFUL WEI. He would not hesitate to knock on my door at 12am (yes midnight), dump some documents and asked me to get it done by the next morning. I went like “Haaaaaa tapi Linda nak tidoq dah” and he would go “Berjaga online shopping boleh, berjaga kerja tak boleh?” Ouch. For a record, I went to meetings twice without taking a shower as I woke up late. Afraid kena scold in front of his staffs, I just put on decent clothes and tudung indon (buruk pun tak kisah janji tak kena marah) and just get my a** there ASAP. Yes that is how scary he could be. If me and my siblings make mistake, we sure kena one! Contrary to the popular belief, my father did not spoil me. (I spoilt myself. Hahaha).

Of course my father has his soft spot for his little girl. I am after all, prolly his most obedient daughter *wicked grin to my sisters :D*. He bought me like very cute things every time he went for business trips, like a hello kitty bag (YES BIG BAG WITH BIG KITTY FACE PRINTED ON IT =_=’) and he bought me clothes (I cant help from getting terasa each time, because he bought them in LARGE size. I am not utterly skinny, but I’m not LARGE kot. =_=’) He gives me freedom of choice in what I wish to do with my life – but of course I will go to him for guidance every now and then; he is after all, the people I trust the most. I’ve never been denied the right to be heard or to go out. Like back in high school, I could go wherever I wished to go, provided he knew who I was going out with, my cell phone had to be switched on at all times and he will make it a point to send and pick me up. But being given the freedom, I am aware of the lines that I should not cross (maybe I’ve crossed some of them, like ‘investing’ my allowance in handbags and clothes, but he doesn’t need to know that kan, hehe).

My father is also very supportive, he lifted my spirit each time I feel down. When I cried wanting to go home during my first week in UIA, he convinced me to stay. When the rest of the world doubt then I could do law (I was, and still am, a tad shy), he convinced me that I can do it. When I was on the verge of breaking up with my then-boyfriend and told him that I was afraid of letting go, he convinced me that there are plenty of fishes out there, HAHAHA (No joke, he did).

I love my father for telling my teacher to put me in Scout because apparently Linda is too lembik, I love my father for helping me to wash the dishes when I'm too tired or *coughs*lazy*coughs*, I love my father for bringing me mangosteen and mandarin oranges to KL knowing how much I love them, I love him because he likes to make jokes that ain’t funny (but I will laugh anyway for the effort), I love him for getting all paranoid asking people to wear masks around the house if we are having flu/fever, I love him for forgetting that I'm a girl and went yelling "GO OUT AND EXPLORE MORE!!" (where got normal fathers ask their daughters to GO OUT MORE weh? =_='), and truth to be told, the list will never come to an end. Most of all, praise to the Almighty, I can never thank Him enough for giving me a father that I can look up to.

Ayah, even though I haven't paid my share for your Aigner wallet (that your eldest daughter made me pay for =_='), I want you to know that you and Mama always come second after the Prophet (PBUH) in my prayers, everyday. HAPPY FATHERS DAY! Love you, till eternity.

And so. Tell me what you think, should I print this out and give it to him? Will he melt and sponsor all my baju and kasut raya this year? *bats eyelashes* OK-OK KIDDING :D

P.S. : If a guy out there can make me adore him half as much as I adore my father (he has set quite a high bench mark you see), WELL HELLO THERE I WANNA MARRY YOU ALREADY! But make sure you're orang kampung first, because my dad prefer his son-in-law to be someone from kampung like us. LOL.

0 Response to "Untuk lelaki paling awesome dalam dunia!"