Things to ponder.


Going tarawikh today sent me into deep thoughts;

As we know, today is just the third day of tarawikh. I was about to go out from the car with my family to go to the masjid near our house (not that near actually, it's not walkable) when I realised that okay, I forgot to bring my kain telekung! I laughed it off and told them "Eh Linda lupa bawak kain la macamana nak sembahyang," Considering that it was already azan and Isya' will commence pretty soon, my dad said "OK, but wait for our call nanti nak balik". I drove off and on the way home, I couldnt help myself from thinking, "Okay was it really not my rezeki to perform tarawikh tonight or was it just me making it an excuse?"

As His servant, come on, what are the eight rakaat (I cannot quite remember the last time I did twenty, shame on me!) in comparison to what He has given us. Shouldn't we all be ashamed of ourselves?

I ran into the house, grabbed my kain telekung on the bed, and went back to the masjid and I made it just on time before the prayer started! Alhamdulillah.

So does that make a good Muslim now that I did that?

HELL NO.

I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO TO BE A GOOD SERVANT OF HIS.

Search for Quranic verses and hadiths, there are so many characteristics that I dont possess, so many DO's and DONT's that I have yet to observe at all times.

Honestly as I grow older, I realised a lot of things. I have to say that I've matured into a person who appreciates my sense of belonging and my religion more and more as the time flies. And I am very thankful for that. Being in UIA, living on my own, falling in and out of love, working in a challenging environment, meeting more people everyday, it makes me closer to Allah swt, Alhamdulillah. And I pray to Him that this will always progress until I truly find the right path.

A good muslim; I hope I can be one before I go to another world, the alam barzakh. Amin.